TITLE: Human Research Protections Instructional Videos
OHRP has developed educational videos on a variety of topics regarding the regulations for the protection of human subjects of research (45 CFR Part 46). Each video is about 20-25 minutes in length.
- General Informed Consent Requirements OHRP: General Informed Consent Requirements
- Research Use of Human Biological Specimens and Other Private Information: On HHS YouTube Channel
- Reviewing and Reporting Unanticipated Problems and Adverse Events: On HHS YouTube Channel
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) Membership On the HHS YouTube Channel
- IRB Records On HHS YouTube Channel (part I) On HHS YouTube Channel (part II)
- Complex Issues with Research Involving Vulnerable Populations On the HHS YouTube Channel
TITLE: NIH Clinical Research Training for PI
In order to be an NIH principal investigator you must complete this course and pass multiple choice exams based on its content. Upon completion of this course you will be aware of and understand the following:
- Ethical issues involved in human subjects research
- Roles and responsibilities of the investigator and institution when conducting clinical research in the NIH intramural research program
- FDA oversight of clinical research
- How developments in science and health are reported by the media and how to work effectively with reporters
To complete the course please register and log onto: http://crt.nihtraining.com/login.php
TITLE: Good Clinical Practice Training
This CITI Good Clinical Practice Course is designed specifically for clinical researchers participating in human subjects research to have an understanding and knowledge of the federal regulations, International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH) regulations and good clinical practice guidelines that apply to clinical research.
To complete GCP training online, at your own pace, for free:
- Go to Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI).
- Register as a “new user” or log in if you are already a user.
- Select “University of California, Irvine” as the participating institution.
- Be sure to use your UCInetID as your username when registering to ensure that you will receive credit for completion. For best results, use your UC Irvine email address as the “preferred email” as well.
- Complete the online Member Information form. Once you have provided the information, you’ll be led through a series of screening questions to determine which training modules you want to access.
To start the course:
- Enroll in a learner group appropriate for your role in human subjects research (e.g., Biomedical Research Investigator, Social and Behavioral Research Investigator, or IRB member and HRP Staff).
- The required and optional modules for your learner group are listed in the Grade Book.
- Select “Enroll in the optional Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and IHC course.”
- Complete the required modules and associated quizzes.
- Complete any optional modules that may be of interest to you.
TITLE: UCI, School of Medicine, Support and Training
UCI has educational courses on campus for proposal development, budgeting, compliance, award negotiation, and more.
To receive updates about future sessions, subscribe to the UCI SOM REST mailing list.